Site security was a main point of discussion in 1994, as was the long term future of the site.
It was at this meeting in the upstairs committee room at the Comrades Club on Bennethorpe, when agreement was reached to form Carr House Allotment Association.
A Chair, Secretary and Finance Officer were elected.
A constitution was written and a series of meetings were held with Officers from DMBC, the site landlord.
There has been a history of allotmenteering and tenant organisation in Hyde Park, going back well over 100 years.
In 1921, the tenants and Hyde Park Allotment Association were presented with a shield by His Worship The Mayor Councillor Samuel Morris.
The shield has the winners of The Allotment of the Year engraved on badges. J.E. Sowden won it for the first three years 1921-1924.
Tenant and local resident, Lois Hubbard (1929-2017), passed the shield on to it's present guardians in 2002.
Carr House Allotment Association secured funding to establish a community facility on the site in 2002. The Community Base was opened in 2003.
Carr House Allotment Association took on the tenancy of Plot 2 in 2003. Funding was secured for a greenhouse, shed and tools. The plot was prepared and made available for community use.
Local Primary Schools were the first beneficiaries of the facilities and services provided by the Allotment Association.
Service Users are responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the allotments, as well as planting, cultivating and harvesting of the vegetables.